Vocational training: Specialist in Warehouse Management
In our warehouses, large quantities of goods arrive and are stored for either a very short time (e.g. fresh fruit) or for a somewhat longer period of time (e.g. tinned peas). Before they are delivered to the stores, the goods are arranged and packaged according to demand. Every step in the flow of goods is supported by modern warehousing techniques and modern IT systems.
During your vocational training as a Specialist in Warehouse Management at REWE Group you will learn how goods are delivered from various manufacturers in large quantities and stored. You will examine the goods when they arrive and then store them in the shelving system with the help of a computer program. You will also sort the goods and arrange them for delivery to our stores. Alongside working with tools and equipment you also have the possibility to obtain a forklift licence.
As a Specialist in Warehouse Management you will make a difference at REWE Group by:
- Receiving and storing various goods
- Examining the goods when they arrive
- Sorting and arranging the goods for our stores
This is what you should bring with you:
- Intermediate secondary school certificate with good grades
- Physical fitness
- Resilience to stress and physical endurance
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work in a team and take initiative
Your vocational training will last:
- 2 years
- Examination by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI)