Your dual course of study: Business Informatics
The perfect combination of theory and practice. As a student in a dual course of study in Business Informatics, you have the opportunity to complete your degree at one of the following companies in REWE Group:
- REWE Systems in cooperation with the Europäischen Fachhochschule (EUFH) in Brühl or the Fachhochschule der Wirtschaft (FHDW) in Bergisch Gladbach
- DER Touristik in Frankfurt am Main in cooperation with the Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University (DHBW) in Mannheim
- DER Touristik in Cologne in cooperation with the Fachhochschule der Wirtschaft (FHDW) in Bergisch Gladbach and the IT Center (ITC) Dortmund
The degree in Business Informatics at the FHDW, EUFH and DHBW takes three years and is divided into six semesters. Each semester you will spend three months in the company (practical phase) and three months at the university (theoretical phase).
The degree at the ITC Dortmund is completed in seven semesters. Over the course of the programme, the first four semesters require in-class learning (three days a week at the university) with the last three semesters comprising combined studies.
At REWE Systems you also have the option of combining your degree with vocational training. You will complete vocational training as an IT Specialist in parallel with your academic degree. You have the further option to specialise in two areas:
- Application development
- Systems integration
This is what you should bring with you for your studies:
- A general matriculation standard
- Good grades in maths, German and English
- A passion for IT
- Willingness to work independently
- An open and curious personality
- Above-average dedication
During the theory phase you will attend, among others, the following courses at the university:
- Basics of business management
- Operational information systems
- Business management
- Business mathematics and statistics
- Project management
The bachelor’s thesis will be written in the sixth semester with the support of a department within REWE Group.
Practice at REWE Systems in Cologne:
During your practical vocational training as an IT Specialist, you will plan, develop and configure efficient and innovative systems that will drive our company forward.
You will become acquainted with even more areas of application that you will select based on your personal strengths and interests:
- System operations
- In-house consulting
You will take the final examination as an IT Specialist at the Chamber of Industry and Commerce in Cologne in your fourth semester.
Practice at DER Touristik in Frankfurt/Main or Cologne
During the in-company phase, you will learn about the various sides of our information technology as well as the processes supported by this technology. You will put your hard-earned knowledge into practice with your first individual projects.
What’s more, depending on the location, you will also work in the retail specialist areas of the company to gain insight into their operational tasks and processes, such as:
- Finance and accounting
- Online sales
- Tourism product management
When you put your theoretical knowledge into practice, you will also receive expert support and advice from the specialist departments as well as general support from Human Resource Development.
Duration and completion of training:
- 3 or 3.5 years
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
- at REWE Systems: IT Specialist (Chamber of Industry and Commerce)