Your dual course of study: Food Management
Become a part of a dynamic industrial sector across Germany. The food industry owes its strong economic position to its productive and highly qualified specialists and executives in the entire field of food economics. This spans from agricultural raw materials production through the processing and quality control to distribution and logistics.
In order to meet these diverse needs as specifically as possible, REWE Group offers two dual course of study programmes with the Weihenstephan-Triesdorf University of Applied Sciences in Foodstuff Management.
The combined studies programme allows you to complete both vocational training as a specialist in Food technology as well as the Bachelor’s degree in Foodstuff Management in 4.5 years. While doing so, you will gain fundamental specialist experience and theoretical background knowledge at the same time.
Degree with in-depth practice
This programme, with in-depth practice, allows you to collect career experience in our company when you are not in class as well as in the practice semester. The practical tasks for this programme focus on your future area of employment.
Both programmes can be completed at Wilhelm Brandenburg.
This is what you should bring with you for your studies:
- A general matriculation standard with a good grade point average
- Initial experience in the food industry
- Friendly and confident personality
- sense of responsibility
- Interest in leadership activities
During the theory phase you will attend, among others, the following courses at Weihenstephan-Triesdorf University of Applied Sciences:
- Basics of natural sciences, technology and economics
- Food science, food hygiene and food technology
- Basics of business management
- HR management
- Quality management
During your practical training at the production site in Frankfurt am Main, you will become acquainted with the following key areas:
- Analysis and processing of raw materials, excipients and additives
- Composition of mixes for food production
- Control of merchandise and provision of materials as well as inventory control for raw and ready-made products
- Cleaning, care and maintenance of devices, machines and equipment
- Work organisation as well as the set-up and organisation of the training organisation
- Review of quality management
- Qualification in matters of hygiene, environmental protection and occupational health and safety
- Use of packaging materials and the packaging of goods
- Order acceptance, work scheduling, managing and control of process operations
Duration and completion of training:
- 3.5-4.5 years
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)