Vocational training: Food Engineering Specialist
Food Engineering Specialists produce bread, meat and sausage specialities using our automated, computerised machinery and equipment.
You will be involved at all stages from the receipt of the raw materials to the finished, packaged product.
During your vocational training as a Food Engineering Specialist you will learn to prepare necessary ingredients and set up machinery and equipment. You will put ingredients into the equipment and commence production following established recipes. You will monitor all processes including the packaging of the finished products and intervene immediately in cases of variation or disruption. Additionally, you will regularly control the quality of your products.
As a Food Engineering Specialist you will make a difference at REWE Group by:
- Ensuring that the machinery is functioning
- Operating the operating technology
- Carrying out quality controls
- Abiding by all hygiene and food safety regulations
- Professionally accepting deliveries
This is what you should bring with you:
- An intermediate secondary school certificate with good grades
- Proficient knowledge of biology and chemistry
- Interest in practical, concrete tasks
- An aptitude for hands-on work
- Mathematical and technical understanding
Your vocational training will last:
- 3 years
- Examination by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI)