Vocational training: Specialist in Warehouse Logistics
Our REWE and PENNY stores receive deliveries from logistics headquarters across the whole of Germany. Thousands of pallets arrive at each logistics location every day. The same amount of goods are taken from warehouses in the direction of stores.
In your vocational training as a Specialist in Warehouse Logistics you will learn about the journey of the goods and the places where our various warehousing departments intersect. You will take particular responsibility for controlling the delivery amounts and quality as well as correctly storing the goods. In the course of your training in the appropriate use of tools and equipment you can also obtain a forklift licence.
We will complement the practical experience of the vocational training with internal seminars and prepare you as well as possible for the CCI examination.
As a Specialist in Warehouse Logistics you will make a difference at REWE Group by:
- Examining the incoming goods as well as storing the goods with the use of IT
- Picking goods and coordinating their distribution
- Planning vehicle routes
- Determining and evaluating operating numbers
- Optimising logistics processes
This is what you should bring with you:
- At least an intermediate secondary school certificate with good grades
- Computer skills
- Physical fitness
- Interest in working with complex computer programmes
- Interest in working with data and numbers
- Ability to work in a team and take initiative
Your vocational training will last:
- 3 years
- Examination by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI)