Office Clerk in Wholesale and Export Trading
Traders in wholesale and international trade mostly deal with procuring, storing and distributing merchandise - both in the national and international arena.
The training includes varied activities in different departments at the REWE Group Head Office. The focus of the training lies on the areas of Purchasing, Sales, Logistics and Controlling. Trainees learn how goods and merchandise are purchased from various manufacturers in mass quantities, participate in negotiation meetings and and deal with merchandise dispatch and product range design while also handling complaints and processing invoices.
Aside from the practical aspect of the training, we also use project work and regular internal instruction to impart everything else a trader needs to know about this job. This gives trainees all the know-how they need to succeed in passing the final examinations at Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IHK).
You should have the following qualifications and skills:
- Leaving certificate from a GCSE or specialised GCSE (Abitur, Fachabitur or Fachoberschulreife)
- Good computer knowledge (MS Office)
- Good knowledge of English
- Possibly initial experience of commercial jobs from internships, preferably in commerce
- A grasp of numbers
- Service orientation and flexibility
- Sociability and teaming skills
Overview of Training for the office clerk in wholesale and international trade Certification
- Purchasing goods from manufacturers
- Handling correspondence
- Processing offers and orders
- Participation in meetings with suppliers
- Managing stocks and shipments
Main training contents / departments:
- Procuring and selling goods
- Organisation and administration
- Category management